The Pentagon is delivering the bad news to its employees: Of the 800,000 civilians who work for the Department of Defense, an estimated 700,000 would be furloughed for one day a week if the sequestration cuts occur.
Things that won’t be cut:
- The official wars the U.S. is fighting
- The secrets wars the U.S. is fighting
- Secret holding facilities for “terrorists”
- Drone bombing
- Unnecessary weapons, such as Abrams MI Tanks.
- Furlough notice to come by late March, Yokota command tells civilian workers (stripes.com)
- DOD civilian furloughs planned; What it means for you (stripes.com)
- Sins of sequestration: 70,000 kids booted from Head Start (coolrevolution.net)